People Before Profit Prison Policies
People Before Profit calls for:
- A fundamental change in the perception of inmates as citizens capable of rehabilitation, rather than as dangerous and irredeemable.
- Rehabilitation rather than retribution to become the official impulse.
- A restorative-justice programme, in which offenders meet their victims as part of facing up to their crimes and rehabilitating.
- Deprived city areas with high numbers of offenders to receive greater social investment.
- A move towards Open prisons.
- An increase in Temporary Releases.
- More drug treatment centers inside and outside prison.