- Richard is a native of Dun Laoghaire with a long record of campaigning for improved local services, social housing, youth and community amenities, workers rights and jobs
- He has organised national protests and demonstrations for Jobs and Services and against NAMA and Bank Bail Outs
- He led the campaign that stopped St Michael’s Hospital being taken over by developers.
- Richard spearheaded the Save Our Seafront Campaign which has campaigned to restore the Baths and retain the harbour as a public amenity.
- He was elected to DunLaoghaire/Rathdown County Council in June 09 and subsequently to Dail Eireann in 2011. As a councillor, Richard campaigned for real local democracy, proper planning and to end the junkets for councillors
- He is the chairperson of the Irish Anti-War Movement, campaigning against wars in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan and the use of Shannon Airport by the US military.
People Before Profit is part of a wider a United Left Alliance (ULA) of left wing groups, including the People Before Profit Alliance, Socialist Party, Tipperary Workers & Unemployed Action Group and other individuals which came together for the General Election 2011.
The People Before Profit Alliance are organised across the 32 counties, including well known campaigner and socialist Eamon McCann, who stood in the Assembly election in Northern Ireland in May 2011.
For more information on United Left Alliance
Richard is contactable on email@example.com or 01 6183449/ 086 781 4520